Take to the sea and get up close and personal with the seals and penguins form a kayak and then jump on the calypso boat and visit Duiker Island near the spectacular coastline of Hout Bay with Circe Launches "Seal Island" trips!
TOUR START TIME
- 11H00 or 13H00 Thos allows for a break to walk around and/or have lunch if you choose the earlier departure while you wait for the 15H00 Boat trip
TOUR END TIME
TOUR START/END POINT
- Circe Launches Kiosk - Hout Bay
- Kayak Instructor
- Seat in a 2 Person Sit on Top Kayak
- A Ticket onto Calypso a glass bottomed boat bound for Seal Island in Hout Bay
- Gratuities To Guides
More About Hout Bay
- Hout Bay was originally inhabited by the Khoi people, who called it "Houtkraal" or "Wooden Kraal". The Dutch arrived in the area in the 1650s and renamed it "Hout Bay". The area was used for timber production and fishing, and a small settlement grew up around the harbour. In the 19th century, the area became a popular tourist destination, and the town of Hout Bay was officially founded in 1867. Today, Hout Bay is a thriving town with a population of over 17,000 people. It is a popular tourist destination, known for its beautiful beaches, stunning views of the surrounding mountains, and its fresh seafood. The town is also home to a number of schools, businesses, and community organizations.
Our combo is a great way to spend half a day enveloped in the marine life that Hout Bay has to offer. Start with the early 11:00 kayak session and either have time for a lunch break before your boat trip or start your kayak at 13h00 and jump straight on the boat as you get back. All excursions begin with a brief introduction by your tour guide. Then they will help you get acquainted with the basics of kayaking, which is especially necessary if you’re new to this activity. The introduction includes a safety demonstration to ensure all guests have a safe and comfortable tour. You’ll also be fitted with a life jacket. Once you hit the water, your tour guide will lead the group to different checkpoints. You’ll get a tour of the harbour, during which your tour guide will enlighten you with their vast knowledge. From here you will jump aboard Calyspo and move to the mout of the bay where you will see the seals in their natural habitat frolicking at "seal island"